In this piece inspired by the work of Carl Beam, Naatoiyiki looks to the past to determine present happenings and future prospects. A broken #status card reveals the truth behind broken #treaties, particularly the Treaty #7 associated with the lands where Naatoiyiki calls home. Naatoiyiki's ancestors rarely had the opportunities they have today, and these sacrifices are never far behind in Naatoiyiki mind: they understand the role the church played in her grandparents and parents lives and understand how hard they've tried to make a better life for their children. While rez life was tough, Naatooyiki chooses to focus on the beautiful parts of her childhood as an adult and forever will be thankful to the #BloodTribe for giving her a sense of identity as a #Blackfoot Womxn.
Only 10 prints to be run. Signed by Artist.
$400 for two prints + shipping (item excluded from free shipping)
16 inch x 40 inch
• Printed on Breathing Color Pura Smooth paper (archival quality)
• 300gsm weight
• Matte finish, no surface glare
• Printed by an 11 colour Epson printer using Epson Ultrachrome HDX inks
• Inks are museum quality and feature print permanence ratings of up to 200 years
• Resistant to humidity, UV and atmospheric ozone