Depicts a Hudson Bay Point Blanket that is covered in Blacks, Reds, Whites, and Yellows. You can also faintly make out two small handprints. This piece asks us to consider the darker history of the Hudson Bay Company, the oldest corporation in Canada. What has their company been built upon? The use of the blanket also asks us to consider the history of smallpox, the loss of the Coast Salish Wooly Dog and the resulting genocide that occurred during the fur trade in what is now known as Canada.
Only 10 prints to be run. Signed by Artist.
$400 for two prints + shipping (item excluded from free shipping)
16 inch x 40 inch
• Printed on Breathing Color Pura Smooth paper (archival quality)
• 300gsm weight
• Matte finish, no surface glare
• Printed by an 11 colour Epson printer using Epson Ultrachrome HDX inks
• Inks are museum quality and feature print permanence ratings of up to 200 years
• Resistant to humidity, UV and atmospheric ozone